CYCLEMATIC CTL-618E / 5C High precision toolmakers lathe with high speed spindle
Threading leadscrew on servo motor computer-controlled.
Digital Threading Control replaces traditional threading gearbox with microprocessor-controlled, servo-driven leadscrew. In the past, when a machinst is faced with a workpiece that calls for thread pitch not supported on a conventional lathe, he has to locate and order a custom gear set and take the time to swap out the gears in the gearbox.
TSA MACHINES SA|
Blvd des Eplatures 39
2304 La Chaux-de-Fonds
tél. +41 32 925 95 48|
fax +41 32 925 97 68
CYCLEMATIC CTL-618E / 5C
High precision toolmakers lathe
Threading leadscrew on servo motor computer-controlled
with high speed spindle
This lathe doesn't use threading gearbox, instead computer-controlled servo motor is directly linked to the leadscrew. Just use your finger to select desired thread pitch on the touchscreen display, the threads come out absolutely precise and you totally eliminate problems with specialized threads. The display also shows spindle speed, cutting feed rate and DRO functions.
- The choice of tool makers
- Good for pitch and module turning processing without any gears in gearbox. Easy exchange of inch and metric system, accuracy goes up to three degits after decirnal point.
- Digtal data shows R.P.M. of spindle and tool infeed to let operator arrange best possible turning process combination.
- Digtal data showing electric current for easy checking overload turning.
- Rapid retract function is available for shortened pitch module turning processing time.
- Control Panel
- The lead screw is driven directly by servo- motor. Through operation of interface, a spindle decoder is used to transfer the motion of lead screw to rectilinear one. The L.C.D touch pad showing the data is applied to control.
- Rapidly returning to the origin is executed according to the principle of temporarily coming off the tracking mode.
- Feeding rate per minute of auto feed is calculated with MODBUS communication protocol interior message data of the converter, so that user s’ cutting precision is available much easily and greatly.
Digital threading control
CTL-618e toolroom lathe with Digital Threading Control replaces traditional threading gearbox with microprocessor-controlled, servo-driven leadscrew. In the past, when a machinst is faced with a workpiece that calls for thread pitch not supported on a conventional lathe, he has to locate and order a custom gear set and take the time to swap out the gears in the gearbox. This is not economically justifiable unless the volume is large enough. CTL-618e toolroom lathe's design eliminates this time-consuming workaround. With the new digital threading system, the user's wishes with it comes to threading can be easily and immediately realized.
Simply type in the desired thread pitch on the numeric keypad on the touch screen LCD control panel and then start the threading cycle as on other conventional lathes. CTL-618e's system would control and synchronize main spindle rotation and Z-axis feed rate to produce precise threading cycle for the given TPI or mm thread pitch.
Besides being able to cut thread pitches not previously available on manual lathes, noise and vibration during threading are also significantly reduced, because there are actually no more gears in the gearbox.
Since CTL-618e already has custom IC and a LCD panel to enable threading control, the next logical step is to integrate DRO functions into it for an all-in-one versatile machine. And CTL-618e has in-fact done that. DRO capabilities are built-in and come standard with no extra charge. CTL-618e features linear scales on X and Z-axis from Mitutoyo.
For people experienced with the super high precision and immediacy of CYCLEMATIC's toolroom lathes, the CTL-618e adds another dimension of capabilities. It builds on the same foundation as 618EVS toolroom lathe. They are all ideal for super high precision lathe work on small parts (usually those that fit in 5C collets). The guaranteed circular accuracy is 50 millionth of an inch.
Lathe CYCLEMATIC CTL-618E / 5C
Lathe CYCLEMATIC CTL-618EVS / 5C
TSA MACHINES SA - Blvd des Eplatures 39 - 2304 La Chaux-de-Fonds - Switzerland - tél. +41 32 925 95 48 - email
copyright © 2011 - 2018 - TSA MACHINES SA